Monday 19 December 2011

★ Canvas competition ★

I recently visited the Year nine GCSE Textiles pupils of Walkden High School in Salford, Manchester to give a careers talk.  I showcased my University Textiles work, images and samples of my greetings cards from Hallmark cards and some imagery and produced canvas designs from my current job as a Wall art designer.  I hope they found it inspiring, I tried to make the talk as inspiring and visually stimulating as possible with plenty of work to look at and pass around alongside an indepth powerpoint presentation...


I also set a Canvas design competition.  The pupils had to design and create a canvas which included a word, a pattern, a stitch and an object.  The winners would then receive their design printed on to a canvas to keep (3rd - 20x20cm, 2nd - 30x30cm & 1st - 40x40cm)

After working on the canvasses for a couple of months it came to judging time for me and Miss Quinlan (the Textiles teacher).  We were both very impressed with the standard and variety of designs, soooo here goes...

THIRD PLACE...

Georgia


SECOND PLACE...

Grace


AND THE WINNER IS...

Lauren


As I didn't have my blog this time last year I thought I would also show you the canvas competition winners from last year.  The competition was held for three classes so there was a first prize for each class...

Georgia

Holly

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...